Kemper Cognitive Wellness is among the nation’s leading brain wellness centers for Alzheimer’s and dementia prevention, treatment, and support services. Led by Dr. Nate Bergman, Kemper offers cognitive assessments and personalized protocols to adults at every stage of cognitive ability. Leveraging the science behind Precision Wellness, our comprehensive approach reveals the data that connects the dots to reveal the true origins of your symptoms and concerns… including cognitive issues ranging from insomnia, “brain fog” and memory loss, to depression, anxiety and ADHD.
Conditions We Treat
- Subjective Cognitive Impairment
- Mild Cognitive Impairment
- Alzheimer’s disease
- Parkinson’s disease
- Lewy Body dementia
- Other neuro-degenerative brain disorders
- Traumatic Brain Injuries (TBI and mTBI)
- Chronic traumatic encephalopathy (CTE)
- Panic Disorders
- Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD)
- Gut Health Conditions (including leaky gut, SIBO, IBS)
- Hormone Imbalances
- Other Chronic Health Conditions
Root Cause Medicine
Kemper Cognitive Wellness uses principles of root cause medicine and systems biology to identify symptoms at the source and develop lasting solutions to reach optimal health and wellness. Also known as functional medicine, this methodology focuses on uncovering the source of symptoms and drivers for disease, and using proactive lifestyle medicine along with personalized interventions to achieve wellness.
Our society has become accustomed to an insurance-based healthcare model that focuses on diagnosis and prescription-based, standard solutions. Traditional doctor office appointments are often brief (10 minutes at best) and focus on symptoms management versus root cause identification and resolution. At Kemper Cognitive Wellness, Dr. Nate Bergman utilizes the tenants of functional medicine: biological data, personal story, health history and goals, along with a variety of other diagnostic tools, to uncover the drivers of disease. The pillars of health are a fundamental component in a client’s personalized protocol to achieve optimal wellness and health goals. (pillars graphic)
Start With An Assessment
- Many clients begin their wellness journey with us through a Discovery Assessment of Health.
- This program begins with an extensive health history profile provided by the client, which the doctor reviews before meeting with you.
- At your first Discovery appointment with Dr. Bergman, spend 75-90 minutes discussing history, goals, additional factors and considerations.
- Extensive labwork is included in your Assessment and consists of over 100 genetic, nutrition, hormones, lipids, and chronic disease markers. Additional labs may be recommended based on your history and symptoms, at additional cost.
- For cognitive concerns, clients may customize their assessment to include a qEEG brain map, a non-invasive assessment of the brain’s function. A brain map pinpoints areas of the brain that may be working sub-optimally, impacting mood, behavior, attention, sleep, learning and more.
- Your second Discovery appointment with Dr. Bergman, also 75-90 minutes, includes an extensive findings review and personalized next-step recommendations to address the chronic health concerns you are facing. You will conclude your Assessment with Recommendations and an Action Plan with critical steps for your health improvement and healing.
- We believe food is medicine, and that’s why we include a consultation with our registered dietitian. Learn how you can optimize your diet to meet your unique wellness goals.
Receive Ongoing Support
You may require additional support with implementing Dr. Bergman’s recommendations and achieving your health goals. Our health and wellness coaches are well-equipped to guide you forward. Packages and monthly plans available.
Dr. Bergman leads a multi-disciplinary team of professionals, including dietitians, brain trainers, health coaches, and family dementia coaches, which collaborate to provide robust wellness solutions to our clients.